Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow and more snow

I really do want to go out and shoot some snow photos, but good judgment prevails. I will stay in and shoot through the windows. This is a much more civilized way of dealing with the elements. Of course my UP (upper Michigan) upbringing longs to be out in the weather.

Here are a few of the shots taken this morning. I made use of the window screen as both a backdrop as well as a filter.

Of course the snow looks light._MG_4567 Back light is just right._MG_4577
No birds in sight._MG_4585 Where do the humming birds go for the winter?_MG_4589 

All shots taken with a Canon 40D, ISO 1600, various other settings. Processing done in Lightroom 2.2.

This is the first storm of the season and the weather guys say we should expect 8 to 12 inches by evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YO- Awesome stuff; I just reviewed your December posts and I wonder what a picture of your rubber frog looks like today- Uknowwho

Anonymous said...

Yo- awesome stuff- I ust reviewed your December posts and I wonder what the rubber frog looks like today ? YO